Vacancy Number: FT/CS/07/14
Department: Corporate Services
Duration: 2 years’ contract
ILRI seeks to recruit a Facilities Technician to carry out measurements, draft drawings and prepare bills of quantities (BoQs) for various works within the Campus.
ILRI works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI is a member of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) Consortium, a global research partnership of 15 centres working with many partners for a food-secure future. ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in West and southern Africa and South and Southeast Asia. www.ilri.org.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 31 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. www.cgiar.org.
- Drafting of Drawings in ArchiCAD and AutoCAD and preparation of BoQs for building renovations and other maintenance works
- Facilitate contractors’ site visits, projects inspection and supervision to ensure compliance with building standards, quality assurance, cost control and adherence to timelines
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to during projects and maintenance works
- Carrying out duties of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor in his/her absence e.g. raising PRFs, Payment Certificates, Completion Certificates among others
- Providing clients, Facilities Supervisor and TSM with progress updates
- Closing of completed jobs in the Computer Aided Facilities Management Software
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying with minimum 3 years working experience
- Project supervision experience and basic project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in use of AutoCAD and ArchiCAD drawing software
- Knowledge and experience in measurement and development of bills of quantities
- Knowledge on basic computer software packages
- Eligibility for or Registration/Membership with BORAQS, IEK or ERB
- Basic knowledge in environmental occupational health and safety policies and procedures
Terms of appointment:
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) positions based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus and is for a 2 years’ contract period.
Job level and salary:
This position is job level 2B with a starting salary of KES 72,581 per month. In addition ILRI currently offers medical insurance for staff and dependents, Life insurance, Pension at 12.5% employers contribution, Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Human Resources Director through our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 15July 2014. The position title and reference number REF: FT/CS/07/14 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer