The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a People & Organizational Development Officer to assist with the implementation of compensation and benefits programs, policies, and interventions that result in competitive levels of pay, attracting new talents, reward to all employees consistently and in line with P&OD and ILRI Strategy.
ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia. The outcomes of these research partnerships help people in developing countries keep their farm animals’ alive and productive, increase and sustain their livestock and farm productivity, find profitable markets for their animal products, and reduce the risk of livestock-related diseases. www.ilri.org
A member of the CGIAR Consortium working for a food-secure future, ILRI has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and offices in other countries in East, West and Southern Africa and in South, Southeast and East Asia. www.cgiar.org
- Manage staff Compensation and Benefits schemes including Medical Care and Evacuation, Group Life and Accident Insurances and Pension/Retirement plans.
- Participate in the various P&OD projects such as salary and benefits reviews and policy reviews.
- Manage payroll administration in full compliance with statutory and Institute’s requirements.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to Compensation and Benefits inquiries from Managers, Budget holders and staff.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive C&B induction to new staff.
- Generate accurate and timely Compensation and Benefits reports and analyses.
- Proactively monitor and ensure statutory compliance of all applicable labour laws and other regulatory requirements.
- Play a key role in handling staff welfare issues.
- Oversee special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules and staying within budget.
- Coordinate Compensation and Benefits processes for hosted institutions.
- Oversee separation processes for staff exiting the institution.
- A University degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- A Post-Graduate/Higher diploma in Human Resources Management.
- 5 years’ experience in Compensation & Benefits administration, of which two years in supervisory position. Experience in an International Organizational/multi-cultural set-up will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of local labour laws and compensation and benefits practices.
- Ability to work well with and within diverse teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner with high level of accuracy and attention to detail in composing, typing, and proof reading materials.
- Must be able to handle confidential Institute data and employee information with complete discretion.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Creativity and proven skills in developing and implementing new models and approaches.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Job level and salary
This position is job level 3A. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 10 April 2015. The position title and reference number CB/ P&OD/03/2015 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer