Vacancy Number: A/037/14
Department: Engineering & Facilities Management
Duration: 2 years’ contract
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Helpdesk Administrator who will be a member of the Engineering & Facilities Management team under Administration in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China). http://www.ilri.org.
The purpose of the Helpdesk Administrator is to assist the Engineering & Facilities Management unit and respond appropriately to all incoming maintenance requests planned preventive maintenance job card issuance and emergencies.
• Ensures constant feedback to customers on work in progress till completion,
• Regularly liaise with team members and customers regarding services Engineering & Facilities Management Unit provides engineering and maintenance services on site,
• Collects and collates job data for management reporting and efficiency trend charts for service reports and Produce weekly/monthly Preventive Maintenance Schedules,
• Responsible to maintain office wide documentation,
• Responsible to process payment documents for the unit in collaboration with other team members e.g. payment for utility companies, service providers and make sure the document is maintained timely,
• Costing all the job cards and preparing monthly maintenance cost and report on each invoice Assist in the financial administration of the unit by checking coding, costing, and documentation of all invoices,
• Accurately tracking of Monthly Expenditure for the engineering and facilities budget,
• Assists in Preparing cost estimation for jobs to be done including detail work schedule using Microsoft project program,
• Assists in conducting sub-contractors’ performance measurement as per established Service Level Agreements’,
• Assists in updating drawings from time to time and as instructed.
Skills and Competencies
• BSc in Civil Engineering/Management from a recognized university/college or Diploma in Civil Engineering/Management
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in construction and service industry for degree holders and 10 years of relevant work experience in construction and service industry for diploma holders
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Database maintenance skills
• Attention to detail and numerical accuracy with strong organization and administrative skills
• Good oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic
• Excellent knowledge of computer software, Ms Word, Excel, AUTOCAD, Microsoft Project etc. experience in using a maintenance software package is an advantage
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Reliable team player and customer oriented with good interpersonal skills
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 14,839 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for two years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus on the outskirts of Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: A/037/14 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 25 June 2014.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
More ILRI jobs
Subscribe by email to ILRI jobs alert