Vacancy Number: A/040/14
Duration: 2 years’ contract
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Security Group Leader who will be a member of Security team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China). http://www.ilri.org.
- Assigns the Security Company’s security guards at different, specified security zones and check points,
- Visits security zones and check points if the assigned security guards are at their respective places and checks the property hand/take over log books,
- Carries out routine administrative duties (attendances maintains log book and compiles documents of participants of seminars, workshops and meetings),
- Leads the registration of all outgoing and incoming ILRI vehicles (plate number, driver’s name and time of arrival/departure),
- Checks that the vehicles have authorized gate passes for the loaded ILRI properties, checks and controls that no vehicle leaves ILRI campus without duly approved Vehicle Movement,
- Hands over the safety and security gears, master log book and documents to the incoming Security Group Leader and briefs him/her on matters that have occurred and pending issues and instructions,
- Allows visitors into the ILRI compound after checking with the concerned staff/resident family members,
- Be the custodian of all main and side doors of all buildings with cooperation of Simba Cleaning Agency,
- Writes reports on any incidents/irregularities in the master log book and informs the Chief Security Officer,
- Drives patrol vehicle,
- Organizes firefighting team and fights fire when it breaks out and calls fire brigade as required,
- Handles telephone calls after office hours, holidays and weekends,
- Liaises with Security service provider company, policy, municipality, neighboring government premises, fire brigade, other agencies during duty shift and develops a good working relationship for exchange of information about safety and security etc.
- Performs any other related work assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Competencies:
• Diploma in related field from a recognized university/college
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience
• Appropriate training in armed forces or police force/security organization
Specialized skills required for this job:
• Sound people management skill
• Good skills of Fire Fighting and First Aid
• Good command of English language
• Licensed to drive light vehicles
• Other international language will be advantageous
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Minimum Base: Birr 8,395 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for two years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus on the outskirts of Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: A/040/14 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 25 June 2014.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
More ILRI jobs
Subscribe by email to ILRI jobs alert