Vacancy Number: ICT-Admin/CS/08/14
Department: Corporate Services
Duration: 3 years’ Contract
ILRI and ICRAF seek to recruit an ICT Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the shared ICT Department and provide an interface between service providers, visitors and the ICT Department. The position is central to ensuring that administrative tasks are efficiently and effectively delivered to support delivery of ICT services. There is one position shared between ILRI Nairobi and ICRAF HQ on a 50/50 basis.
ILRI works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI is a member of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) Consortium, a global research partnership of 15 centers working with many partners for a food-secure future. ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in West and southern Africa and South and Southeast Asia. www.ilri.org.
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. http://www.worldagroforestry.org
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. www.cgiar.org.
- Carry out standard administrative duties for the ICT Department in coordination with the administrator at the other Centre. This will include processing and follow up of procurements, payment requests, and travel arrangements for staff in the Department.
- Keep contract and sign-off documents for contracted services and projects. Collate information required for contract review meetings.
- Monitor the Department’s budget and follow up to ensure that costs are charged to the correct Cost Centre in a timely manner.
- Serve as the first point of contact for service providers, suppliers and other partners and visitors and respond to their requests for information.
- Maintain the log of equipment, books and other resources loaned to Staff.
- Manage the corporate accounts for services obtained from telecommunication companies. This includes taking responsibility for activating/deactivating lines and services; verifying and paying monthly invoices, distributing itemized invoices to staff, reporting and following of problems on behalf of users and obtaining details on new services and special offers provided by the companies.
- Work with the Helpdesk Technician to process the arrival of new staff and clearance of staff leaving the Centre, by following the set procedures.
- Keep the relevant databases that are used to manage the operations of the Department up to date. These include the ICT equipment inventory, Recharge Pro and Equitrac (ILRI).
- Administer bookings and recharges for ICT training rooms on the campus.
- Organise meetings for the ICT Department and communicate the meeting details to those involved.
- Inform the appropriate people whenever ICT services are unavailable and again when the service is restored, including when ICT staff are unavailable.
- Assist in organising events, training, meetings and workshops, including identifying appropriate venues, making travel arrangements, accommodation bookings and hospitality for participants.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of students attached to the ICT Department.
- Organise the production of flyers, posters and other documents for the promotion and communication from the ICT Department.
- Under the guidance of the ICT Customer Services manager, participate as required in ICT Customer services projects that are implemented by the ICT Customer Services team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with strong ICT knowledge acquired through training and one year experience in a similar environment or an equivalent Higher Diploma with two years’ experience.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) will be an advantage
- Computer Applications and Customer service training
Terms of appointment:
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) positions based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus and is for a 3 years’ contract period.
Job level and salary:
This position is job level 1C with a starting gross salary of KES66,173 per month. In addition to salary, ILRI offers Medical insurance for staff and dependents, Life insurance, Pension at 12.5% employers contribution, Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days+ public holidays within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ by 22 August 2014. The position title and reference number REF: ICT-Admin/CS /08/14 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer