The International Potato Center – Ethiopia (CIP) seeks to recruit two Filing Clerks who will be members of CIP for its regional programs in Ethiopia.
The Center: The International Potato Centre (CIP) is an international non-profit agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on potatoes, sweet potatoes, Andean root and tuber crops, and sustainable management of natural resources. CIP’s vision is to contribute from its areas of expertise to the fulfillment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), in particular those goals that relate to poverty, hunger, child and maternal mortality, and sustainable development. CIP has its headquarters in Lima, Peru with staff and activities in locations across Africa, Asia and Latin America. CIP is a member of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 60 donor members.
- Assists in managing financial matters and for partner offices and financial review and follow up;
- Assists in checking documentation of transactions, authorization of payments, in compiling monthly financial report;
- Assists in timely payment of travel claims, utilities, material purchases, office supplies and transport for sub grantees;
- Assist timesheet and vehicle performance report
Scanning and document photocopy and preparation for settlement;
- To deliver to sign documents ,purchase request, Bid analysis and financial document of partners with PI and Authorized person;
- Assists the junior accountant in organizing workshops;
- Performs any other task as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Integrity and capacity to keep information confidentially;
- Good skills in MS Excel;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to organize assigned duties and respect deadlines;
- Ability to organize one’s paperwork and archives efficiently;
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with a wide array of personalities both within and outside the organization.
- Communication skill in English language,
- Good organization skills,
- For the Tigray position – excellent Tigregna language skill (oral and written).
- High school completed plus certificate in Bookkeeping / Accounting from Technical & Vocational school
- At least 2 years relevant work experience.
Duty Station: Tigray Region – will be based at Mekele.
SNNP Region – will be based at Hawassa.
Minimum Base: Birr 5,596 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate).
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) positions, initial appointment is fixed term for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position, duty station and reference number for the position should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 02 May 2015.
To find more about CIP, visit our Website at www.cip.cgiar.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.