The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Transport Coordinator who will be a member of the Supply Chain team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 research centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and East Asia (China). www.ilri.org.
The purpose of the Transport Coordinator position is to lead the overall dispatch function through:
- Ensures constant and proactive service delivery is provided to all customers in line with the Transport Management Policy,
- Provides leadership and supervision to the team by setting objectives and continuously monitoring their performance,
- Manages the available resources efficiently and effectively ensuring ILRI’s and its collaborators needs are met,
- Monitors the Service level agreement with the in campus transport service provider and outsourced garages.
Key Duties & responsibilities:
- Implements the Transport Management Policy ensuring it is understood by all and it is adhered to,
- Oversees the dispatch function ensuring requests are received on time, acknowledged and customer needs are met in a timely manner;
- Ensures proper utilization of institute’s fleet for optimum use;
- Organizes regular meetings for sharing information, raising concerns, receiving suggestions and monitoring the unit’s progress;
- Ensures recharges to the customer units are accurate and timely and work together with the Unit Manager in updating rates periodically;
- Oversees that vehicle files are well designed and organized, filling system is in order and all documentation is filed in respective files;
- Liaises with Insurance Company to optimize in insurance costs and coverage. Oversees accident reports and documentation is correctly filled out; submits the reports to the insurance company and follow-up on claims to completion;
- Manages contracts with external service providers effectively to ensure the terms of contracts serve ILRI’s interests optimally and SLA’s are adhered to;
- Ensures all new staff members are tested before being authorized to drive organization’s vehicles,
- Participates in identification and orientation of new drivers;
- Performs any other task as may be instructed by the Supply Chain Manager.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field, Auto mechanic coupled with vast experience in fleet management,
- Evidence of change in dynamics: the onset of the full cost recovery concept, the engagement of external service providers among others.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a similar post
Skills and Competencies:
- Performance measurement/management skills
- Understanding the concept of conflicts
- Ability to cope with Stress
- Negotiation skills
- Change management skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Conceptual skills (ability to see the organization as a whole)
- Human Skills (interpersonal and intra- personal skills)
- Supervisory skills
- Work planning and allocation skills
- Fleet management skills
- Prioritization skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 16,619 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: TC/25/2016 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 21 June 2016.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.