In 2003, the Veterinary Public Health Centre for Asia Pacific (VPHCAP) was established to be a regional information centre on food safety for food of animal origin in countries of the Asia-Pacific region. Since then, the VPHCAP has provided considerable amounts of information for the region’s public health researchers. With the recent commencement of the …
This page brings together ILRI and partner resources on Cambodia. Click different tabs to see news items, research outputs, journal articles, video materials and presentations as well as ILRI projects and people related to Cambodia. See ILRI research on other countries
ILRI Asia, Sep/2012
In 2011, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) agreed to fund a project on improvements to forage-based feeding systems in the border provinces of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam - an area referred to as the the Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam (CLV) development triangle. The project is implemented by CIAT with support from ILRI. It focuses on improving the livelihoods of poor livestock farmers in the development triangle ...
Livestock and Fish,
Churning of the Sea of Milk is the most famous bas-relief at Cambodia's Angkor Wat. It depicts an episode from the Vishnu mythology. The gods, because of a curse from the sage Durvasa, begin to lose their immortality. Assisted by their mortal enemies the asuras, they churn the ocean (which was made of milk in those days) and create amrita, the nectar of immortality. Seizing the nectar as it is formed, the gods are victorious, and thus immortal . Fast Company reports that ...
A specialist cattle-breeding association is to run an exhibition next month to promote a new breed of livestock it says will give a boost to Cambodia’s beef trade.
The Cambodian Brahman Breeders’ Association (CBBA) said it wants to encourage farmers to raise high-yield, internationally renowned Brahman cattle for domestic sale, maximising potential profits for rural families.
Read more ... (Phnom Penh Post)...
- Enhancing the value of ecosystem services in pastoral systems - WLE in Africa
- TechFit tool to prioritize and select animal feed interventions
- Identification and implementation support of mitigation priorities and opportunities in rice-dominated landscapes
- Integrated agricultural technologies for enhanced adaptive capacity and resilient livelihoods in climate-smart villages (CSVs) of Southeast Asia
- ILRI surveillance and early-warning systems for climate-sensitive diseases in Vietnam and Laos
- Strengthening the Capacity of African Countries to Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of African Animal Genetic Resources
- Molecular epidemiology network for promotion and support of delivery of life vaccines against Theileria parva and Theileria annulata infection in Eastern and Northern Africa
- Climate change and social learning (CCSL)
- mNutrition global content provision
- LegumeCHOICE: Realizing the underexploited potential of multi-purpose legumes towards improved livelihoods and a better environment in crop-livestock systems in East and Central Africa
- More pork by and for the poor: Catalyzing emerging smallholder pig value chains in Uganda for food security and poverty reduction
- Piloting climate-adaptive forage seed systems in Ethiopia (FeedSeed)