As indicated earlier in a message by Iain Wright, ILRI will hold its Institutional Planning Meeting (IPM) in Nairobi from 4 – 7 October 2016.
The IPM presents a great opportunity for all “ILRI” to know what “ILRI” is doing around the globe.
In 2016, the IPM will focus on ILRI’s science and how its results can be scaled for greater impact. IPM 2016 will also present the corporate context for ILRI, and will provide a platform to identify opportunities for programs to work together
# Better Science; Better Lives (Sayansi Bora; Maisha Bora)
The agenda will encompass:
– Introductory presentations and discussions on ILRI’s science strategy
– Sessions for each program to present key elements of their strategies, interesting results, and introduce new team members
– A marketplace for different service and support teams to share what they do
– A space for individuals to get together to discuss topics of common interests (not already covered within programs)
– A Synthesis of how ILRI undertakes and envisions “better science for better lives”
– Social interactions and networking opportunities
– A daily news print and other communications
If you plan to attend the IPM, we urgently need you to:
1. Complete a pre-IPM survey to help us enrich the IPM agenda: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ilri-ipm2016
2. REGISTER to attend the IPM at: https://ipm2016.eventbrite.com .
o If you are not based in Nairobi, please seek authorization through your supervisor on your travel plans BEFORE registering.
o There will be an opportunity for you to participate in the IPM sessions from different locations, however, you need to register and indicate which location would be most optimal for you to participate from
o By registering, there is an expectation that you will participate in all the sessions.
3. Note: Guidelines will be provided by Iain Wright on expectations from various program and team meetings for the morning of Tuesday 4 and the afternoon of Friday 7 October.
4. When registering and indicating your travel plans, please take into account any pre- or post IPM workshops and meetings that you may attend (eg: GEF Asia synthesis event pre-IPM; Livestock and Fish flagship meetings post IPM)
We look forward to receiving information from you, and to your active participation in IPM-2016
With kind regards,
Julie Ojango| Chairperson IPM Program planning Committee 2016
International Livestock Research Institute | ilri.org
Box 30709 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya