BioVeD - Vector labs/ Biological Services/ Diagnostic services /Haematology services
- Receipt, maintenance and supply of biological materials, and biological material transfers, including import and export permit processing.
- Tick and other vector maintenance/supply for disease transmission experiments or as research material and taxonomy of disease vectors.
- Provide microscopic, serological as well as molecular diagnostic services to support research activities.
- Maintain laboratory information management system by capturing lab based inventory for chemical usage, biological materials storage, equipment preventive maintenance and all laboratory supplies, data management as well as laboratory waste management.
- Provide haematology services.
Agricultural research done by ILRI and its partners are aimed at producing healthier crops and livestock to alleviate poverty and hunger in the developing world through exploitation of the latest genome technologies. These technologies require a state-of-the-art high-performance computing infrastructure. A high performance computing (HPC) facility was established at ILRI to serve the Bioinformatics computing needs of ILRI - and central and eastern Africa researchers under the Biosciences East and Central Africa (BECA) umbrella. By sharing the computational power of the HPC system, researchers will be able to conduct more extensive and large-scale genomic research quickly and cost-effectively.
BioVeD - Vector labs/ Biological Services/ Diagnostic services /Haematology services Bioinformatics/Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)