Meki Shehabu Muktar
Name: Meki Shehabu Muktar
1. QTL mapping, including candidate genes and genome wide association mapping, linkage mapping , bulk sergeant or bulk sample analysis, case-control studies
2. Resistance breeding in plants and crop health
3. DNA/RNA extraction
4. PCR, qPCR and other variants of PCR
5. Genotyping by Sanger sequencing or Pyrosequencing, sequence alignment, SNP calling
6. Bioinformatics, NGS data analysis, working on Linux, sequence mapping, variant calling and annotations
7. Scientific paper writing
8. Cloning, transformation and agrobacterium infiltration
9. Mixed model based genetic analysis in GenStat and R-packages like GWASpoly, GAPIT
10. Experienced in R statistical software
11. Population structure and diversity analysis using STRUCTURE software, SPAGeDi and PowerMarker softwares, the adegenet r-package
12. I am well familiar with the following data bases and softwares: genome browser of potato, tomato and Arabidopsis genomes, NCBI, Tassel statistical software, adobe illustrator, SPSS, Microsoft office,
1. Post-doctoral researcher on forage genetics and bioinformatics
2. Post-doctoral researcher on potato genetics for late blight resistance at potato germplasm enhancement laboratory, Obihiro University of agriculture and veterinary medicine, Obihiro, Japan from November 1, 2015 to December 30, 2016.
3. Post-doctoral researcher on potato molecular genetics at the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research from October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015.
4. PhD on molecular plant genetics at the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany.
5. Horticultural crop pathologist at Hawassa agricultural research center
6. Highland legume crop pathologist at Amhara Agricultural Research Institute, Debre Birhan agricultural research center
7. MSc at Ghent University, Belgium, on nematology
8. MSc at Haromaya University on plant pathology
9. BSC at Hawassa College of Agriculture/Hawassa University