Towards an integrated delivery of proven productivity enhancing innovations in livestock – a market systems approach
Empower rural livestock farmers through last-mile delivery of bundled technologies and services. Improve livelihoods through increased productivity and market access.
Join us at our side event, Towards an integrated delivery of proven productivity-enhancing innovations in livestock – a market systems approach. Explore innovative approaches in Kenya, Tanzania and Nepal, where we integrate advisory services with livestock technology delivery.
Discover the value of service bundling, appreciate private sector extensions and learn about market systems for disseminating livestock technologies. Leave with a shared understanding and actionable insights for scaling these approaches, poised to transform livestock sectors across Africa and the global South.
Facilitators: Masa Ramothudi and Tsehay Gashaw, ILRI
- Dixon Olutade Torimiro, head, Extension Department, Botswana University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (BUAN)
- Isabelle Baltenweck, program leader, Policies, Institutions and Livelihoods, ILRI
- James Rao, agricultural economist, ILRI
- Nils Teufel, agricultural economist, ILRI
- Padmakumar Varijakshapanicker, country representative for Nepal, ILRI
- Kenneth Makubate, executive manager, Livestock Procurement, Botswana Meat Commission
- Israel A. Legwaila, coordinator, INCU-HIVE
- Philip Kiriro, regional president, East African Farmers' Federation
Organizers: BUAN and ILRI