The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Digital Media and Content Specialist to be responsible for the execution of the institutes digital content strategy and produce content to support the delivery of ILRI’s purpose. Deadline for application: 27 September 2019.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
Digital Content Production and Management:
- Contribute to the development of integrated online content strategy and be responsible for the implementation of the same across a range of ILRI’s digital properties, including but not limited to ILRI website, project website, ILRI intranet and digital signage
- Create compelling and insightful stories based on ILRI science
- Create a content pipeline and work with communication embeds from across ILRI to identify story opportunities for internal/external communications and collaborate with the media and communications team to develop appropriate content for our digital properties.
- Ensure the use of digital tools and social media for learning and collaboration
- Ensure high-quality, effective web content from ILRI editorial sources that engages our audiences and supports our communications goals.
- Oversee the collection, preparation and entering of digital assets (copy, photography, videos, etc.) into a CMS.
- Work with the communications and web teams to create guidelines for submitting content to be displayed on the digital signage.
- Curate events for the ILRI calendar and enlist submissions from a variety of programs and projects to ensure it represents a broad range of events across ILRI
- Develop and execute a plan for displaying featured events on ilri.org and other online channels for higher visibility such as CGIAR.org etc.
- Provide training, advice and guidance to ILRI researchers and CKM staff on use of social media to achieve outcomes and greater reach
Social Media Management:
- Contribute to and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Oversee the curation and editing appropriate content to share across existing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn) to increase engagement and reach.
- Manage editorial calendar for specific social media channels.
- Monitor social content (tweets, videos, blog posts, etc.) to identify potential story ideas, trends, sentiment, and evolving hot button issues, etc.
Analytics and Research:
- Provide advice based on analysis of monitoring data so that ILRI’s social media becomes more intentional and targeted
- Work with CKM team to set KPIs for web content; use metrics to evaluate effectiveness in meeting our goals; and adjust as needed to continually improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate social media activity, providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Communications and Marketing team and to senior leadership.
- Advise colleagues and other social media practitioners on the types of posts that engage audiences, promote sharing, and drive traffic to related ILRI websites.
- Identify emerging areas of interest (e.g. new technologies, trends) and develop tactics for connecting them back to ILRI.
- Master’s degree in communications studies or relevant field.
- 7 years related professional experience in producing content for online media.
- Proven ability to work with researchers and transform research into compelling content
- Excellent experience in producing a range of digital content using a variety of platforms and tools (video, infographics, blogs, podcasts, photo stories
- Excellent experience in managing multiple social media channels and monitoring and evaluating effectiveness to improve performance and impact
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Position level: This position job level is HG17
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and continued funding.
Benefits: ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
For applying, please visit this website https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=31146-digital-media-and-content-specialist
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/