Action for Animal Health is a new coalition that aims to secure greater support for animal health systems with a focus on:
- increasing and improving the animal health workforce;
- closing the veterinary medicines and vaccines gap;
- improving animal disease detection, surveillance and management;
- enhancing collaboration for One Health; and
- supporting community education and engagement.
The International Livestock Research Institute is a member of the coalition and a signatory of its call to action for governments and international agencies to increase investment in animal health to protect animals, people and the environment.
The Action for Animal Health coalition will be officially launched at a virtual event on Thursday 20 May 2021 at 1200–1300 hours, UK Time (GMT +1).
The theme of the event is Putting One Health into practice: A call to action for animal health.
The event will feature members of the Action for Animal Health coalition and other distinguished speakers.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit https://takeaction.thebrooke.org/page/81572/event/1.
We call on all organizations working in animal, human or environmental health to join us and become signatories of our Call to Action.
Join the online conversations by following the hashtag #Action4AnimalHealth