The mission of the project is to improve the health and wealth of the people of the Horn of Africa by developing a regional network of individuals and organizations across the Horn of Africa that can undertake high quality research into the link between people’s health and wealth and that of livestock and the environment.
The project will strengthen the ability of organizations to undertake research through a five-step process:
- Undertake research capability assessments of partner institutions in the Horn of Africa to assess the current and target research capabilities, propose plans to reach the target, implement them and monitor progress.
- Provide training to non-research staff from these institutions, including leadership training, placements in research support and training in laboratory skills.
- Advance the knowledge and research skills of researchers from these institutions in generic, laboratory and subject-specific skills.
- Undertake basic and applied research in One Health.
- Create the One Health Regional Network. The proposed partnership, training of non-research and research staff, and research placements with mobility between countries will develop a regional network.
Addis Ababa University
Hamelmalo Agricultural College
Intergovernmental Authority on Development Sheikh Technical Veterinary School and Reference Centre
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
University of Asmara
University of Liverpool
University of Nairobi
United Kingdom Research and Innovation
Global Challenges Research Fund