Improved teaching of applied biometrics in agricultural and biological sciences in southern sub-Saharan Africa through use of a Biometrics and Research Methods Teaching Resource
This project is a follow-up to a previous Ford Foundation funded project that introduced a Biometrics & Research Methods Teaching Resource CD at workshop in June 2006 at the University of Cape Town. The purpose of the CD was to provide statistical, biometric and research method knowledge in interactive electronic form for teachers and researchers in sub-Saharan universities, especially for the teaching of MSc students in agriculture. This projects aims are:
1. To enhance capacity in the teaching of applied biometry.
2. To enhance use of the Biometrics & Research Methods Teaching Resource in teaching and research.
3. To promote inter-institutional linkages in the teaching of applied biometry
4. To promote, monitor and evaluate use and uptake of the Teaching Resource.
5. To provide additional case studies to widen the application of the Teaching Resource to different areas of agricultural research.
6. To prepare and release a new and improved version of the Teaching Resource.