ILRI research is guided by the organization's current mission and strategy.
ILRI carries out its research in East, Southern, and West Africa, in South and Southeast Asia, and in China (see what we do by country).
From January 2012, our research is increasingly delivered through multi-center CGIAR Research Programs.
In January 2017, ILRI's research programs were re-organized, as set out below. Some of the programs continue the previous structure, some are new, and some result from mergers of previous programs. The new program pages are gradually being updated but are currently sparse.
These programs interface with the CGIAR research programs that ILRI is involved in. They draw on support in areas like capacity development, intellectual property, communication and knowledge management.
The 2017 programs are:
- Livestock genetics program
- Biosciences eastern and central Africa (BecA) ILRI Hub
- Feed and forage development program
- Animal and human health program
- Policies, institutions and livelihoods program
- Sustainable livestock systems program
- Impact at scale program
The pages of the earlier program pages, see below, are still live:
Animal science for sustainable productivity
Feed and forages bioscience
Food safety and zoonoses
Livelihoods, gender and impact
Livestock systems and environment
Policy, trade, value chains
- ILRI research methods group
- Forages genebank
- ILRI animal care and use committee
- ILRI biosafety committee
- Institutional research ethics committee
- ILRI intellectual property policy
Our research publications and outputs can be found in our institutional repository - you can also
See research activities: