The projects aims to develop, promote and test women-led chicken businesses in Ethiopia and Tanzania with the goal of promoting the economic empowerment of young women, and also of improving the food and nutrition security of their households.
Study of existing breed dissemination pathways; develop and test women-led business models to disseminate chicks to farmers in remote areas; engage in gender responsive and transformative approaches; assess impact on women’s empowerment and on nutrition.
Women’s empowerment; improved livelihoods; improved nutrition.
- Inception and final workshops
- Situation analysis
- Empowerment & nutrition: quant, qual studies
- Gender responsive & transformative activities
- Engagement of policy makers
- Nutrition behaviour communication campaign
- Capacity development of partners
Theory of change
The Netherlands – CGIAR research programme poster