Quantifying the financial loss from particular disease provides valuable indication towards the importance of the disease to regional economy and also a measure of benefits to be gained from eliminating the diseases. Financial loss estimates also provide a first indication for which diseases the potential economic benefits from control might be ‘larger’ or ‘smaller'.
- Estimating the economic losses due to priority animal diseases in India
- Estimating the cost of national control strategies for priority diseases and benefits from disease control interventions
- Estimation of economic losses due to diseases using official government data
- Estimation of economic losses due to diseases using sample survey studies / primary data
- Estimation of economic losses due to diseases using published information in scientific journals
- Disease prevention cost assessment
- Calculating the benefits of national animal disease control strategy